Saturday 2 March 2013

Why 'Retro-Girl' . . . . Why Frankston ???

Hi Friends,

Yes, another blog - just when you thought it was safe to turn on the laptop . . ...

So why Retro-Girl?  Why Frankston?   

I have developed a slight collection of retro items over the past few years. 

Retro/Vintage - something will call out to me, from the dusty shelf of the op-shop, from the well maintained boutique stall, or the interesting maze that can be my favourite haunts on various weekends. 

I don't seem to have a particular fancy - Plastic, Glass, Ceramic, Books - even new, made-to-look-old retro is OK by me (but only if it announces itself to be brand-spanking new..... don't try to fob me off with knockoffs !!!

Retro - it's such a buzz-word at the moment. ....  all these bright young things, re-discovering the 60's and '70's - fashions and influences of a time before most of them were born!  I was born in '63 - a child at the very end of the baby-boom generation. (and if you do your math, yes that makes me 50!!  I won't tell if you don't!)

I LIVED through the 60's and 70's - I'm qualified to enthuse about this era - an era that I blindly ignored at the time.

So Retro-Girl it is .....  (because Vintage-Mature Lady just does not have that same glamorous overtones!)

Why Frankston?
Purely because that is where I spent my teen years and where I have relocated to start a new chapter of my life.  Come discover treasures upon the Mornington Peninsula with me.


Plans for this blog:
Update the background and layout
Add pictures of my collections and treasures found
Share stories of various finds
Collect knowledge and share with other collectors
Develop a camaraderie of sorts with other collectors on the peninsula

No comments:

Post a Comment